A Generic hang-out Forum for Dragons and their friends

Login Register

McDonalds Dragon Toys?

LEGO's, Stuffed Dragons, Transformers, and anything else you'd like to share
IgneousCroc
Pronouns: surprise me!

McDonalds Dragon Toys?

Post by IgneousCroc »

I hope this is the right section to make this post!

So the other day I was rummaging through my copious amounts of clutter... He-hem, I mean, my hoard, and found a few tcg cards of a few dragons. I wondered what they were about, until I remembered that one year, between the late 2000s and early 2010s, McDonalds distributed these toys themed around Dragons and Fairies!

I have the cards, and I do have a link for the internet archive upload of an iso of the cd they came up with, which was one hell of a lucky find! Because an internet search, even when not using google, seems biased towards the more recent httyd toys or even the fairy side of the toys...

Either way, my point is, does anyone remember these cards? Perhaps even have them? I'll edit this with some pics of the cards when I re-find them, but for now here is a picture of the 'ice dragon' cd, courtesy of the internet archive!
:aro: this dragon :dr_green: runs on ginger ale :ace:

Neververy4
Site Admin
Pronouns: He/It/Dragon

Post by Neververy4 »

I do NOT remember these cards at all :eye: :eye:
IgneousCroc wrote: July 10th, 2023, 4:31 amI have [...] a link for the internet archive upload of an iso of the cd they came up with
:suprise: Do you have this link on hand?
Never S. Jhonsen :demi: :pansex:
Visit my site! { MAIN | FURRY | ART | CODE | PROJECTS }

{ He/Him/Dragon (No they/them) }

IgneousCroc

Post by IgneousCroc »

Neververy4 wrote: July 10th, 2023, 8:17 am :suprise: Do you have this link on hand?
Sure! Here you are!

That's the ice dragon one, but like the first image shows there were a LOT of cds for dragons of other elements. I remember having, obviously, the fire one.

It still amazes that the McDonalds of today, who distributes flimsy 3-page tiny cardboard books as "toys", once distributed videogame cds with the happy meals! Or perhaps it was some sort of stamp collection and reward? 🤔 It was over a decade ago and I was quite young, so my memory isn't the best...

pheelthemoment
Pronouns:

Post by pheelthemoment »

whoa that's so cool! sadly i don't remember these either, the closest to a mcdonalds dragon toy i have is a Scorchio from when they did neopets in like 2003 haha

this is such a nice find, thank you for sharing :D those are some good dragons!
BOOF > Image

Neververy4
Site Admin
Pronouns: He/It/Dragon

Post by Neververy4 »

pheelthemoment wrote: July 10th, 2023, 4:07 pm the closest to a mcdonalds dragon toy i have is a Scorchio
YOO me too (: I had a scorchio
IgneousCroc wrote: July 10th, 2023, 3:07 pmSure! Here you are!
Thank you :cry: :cry: :cry: I owe you a lot for Dragon Burger CD :floppy3:
Never S. Jhonsen :demi: :pansex:
Visit my site! { MAIN | FURRY | ART | CODE | PROJECTS }

{ He/Him/Dragon (No they/them) }

IgneousCroc

Post by IgneousCroc »

pheelthemoment wrote: July 10th, 2023, 4:07 pm whoa that's so cool! sadly i don't remember these either, the closest to a mcdonalds dragon toy i have is a Scorchio from when they did neopets in like 2003 haha
Aw man, I don't think we've ever had neopets toys here... I would've loved to get my own scorchio, though I can't really justify buying one now xD
this is such a nice find, thank you for sharing :D those are some good dragons!
Of course! Finding these has made me realize I really do own a lot of obscure dragon memorabilia, from old Mcdonalds dragon toys to the megablocks dragons to old italian :it: collectables. (I'm not even italian, but the pamphlets that came with them sure are :it: ...) Perhaps I should finally give my neocities site a proper use and catalogue 'em!
Neververy4 wrote: July 11th, 2023, 12:20 am Thank you :cry: :cry: :cry: I owe you a lot for Dragon Burger CD :floppy3:
Of course!! Though I believe its the original uploader who should be thanked, not me xD. If I do find the one cd I had, I'll 100% try and upload it to the archive for posterity's sake.
For now, here are some pictures of the cards I have! It broke my heart discovering I'm missing 6 whole cards with the green dragon. It had to be the green one :cry: :dr_green: ... I'll try and go on a bit of a web dive and see if anyone else has uploaded pictures of them, but I don't have much faith...
Red dragon White /light blue? dragon and the blue dragon!
Sorry for the quality, my scanner wasn't playing nice yesterday xD I'll try to scan 'em asap!

Swind
Pronouns:

Post by Swind »

:eyes: Yoooo! I remeber these! Had so much fun playing this game as a human child ^w^

I still have two of those CDs: The red one and the white one!
Image Raaaa! Find me on Discord, Tumblr and Dragonchat (Mastodon) Image

IgneousCroc

Post by IgneousCroc »

Swind wrote: July 16th, 2023, 6:02 pm :eyes: Yoooo! I remeber these! Had so much fun playing this game as a human child ^w^

I still have two of those CDs: The red one and the white one!
YES I knew there had to be someone else who remembered it! Let's start a Mcdonalds Dragon TCG by mail group! :lol: (i jest, I jest)

Gwenymoo
Pronouns: They / she/ him

Post by Gwenymoo »

Ahhh I remember these XD, saddly I never got my hands on em

My ancient 1997 maccy D memory with dragons is these cute balancing toys.

SapphireRaeburn
Pronouns:

Post by SapphireRaeburn »

Gwenymoo wrote: October 16th, 2023, 11:38 am Ahhh I remember these XD, saddly I never got my hands on em

My ancient 1997 maccy D memory with dragons is these cute balancing toys.

OH! I forgot about those! I can't remember which one was actually mine, but my siblings and I all got one and I stole them all when my siblings got bored with them or threatened to melt them. I know I played with the green one the most because I loved how it could wobble in comparison to the wobbling action of the others when they were tapped while balancing.
~Sapphire or SapphireRae. She/Her. Dorky noodle dragon who arts sometimes and writes more often. h0i!

Some of my fav Dragon Cave babies:
ImageImageImageImageImage