Welcome to %s forums

A Generic hang-out Forum for Dragons and their friends

Login Register

tales from other forums

Don’t know where to say something? Drop it here! This is the “everything else” section
Falcon
Pronouns: He/him

tales from other forums

Post by Falcon »

im on another forum that has a rule against bumping threads so i forget that other places thats ok

flight rising forum is really fun because people do all sorts of really cool formatting and trading stuff

theres another forum im thinking of joining that literally has a thread of funny looking bathrooms

tell me about fun quirky things about forums you love!
:heart_pink: :dr_green: he/him funky dragon himbo dude with did :dr_green: :heart_pink:
art by pheel

Neververy4
Site Admin
Pronouns: He/It/Dragon

Post by Neververy4 »

We are too small of a forum to have silly rules like that :P you could reply to any topic, no matter how old, and I wouldn't care. More engagement :heart_purple: :dr_neververy4:
Never S. Jhonsen :demi: :pansex:
Visit my site! { MAIN | FURRY | ART | CODE | PROJECTS }

{ He/Him/Dragon (No they/them) }

pheelthemoment
Pronouns:

Post by pheelthemoment »

i saw this on bulbapedia not that long ago. honestly this is such a good feature that i wish flight rising had haha. i don't think there need to be rules against necro-ing threads but having an alert for if a thread is many years old certainly would prevent unnecessary replies to old threads haha

this doesn't make sense for this forum, but most forums that i used to use in the early 10s were comic forums, and they all had places where you could make edits of the comics asdfsd i had some fun ones from awkward zombie and brawl in the family back in the day..no idea where those edits are anymore though omg dsdfds i know i made some good ones with entei at least

the homestuck forum (rest in pieces) had a thread for fanart that was of course called the F-ART thread. choose-your-own-adventure style games were of course extremely popular there too..i am honestly glad my own attempts at that have been erased from existence though dsfads
BOOF > Image

Falcon

Post by Falcon »

Oooo I love the idea of being able to make comic edits on forums!
:heart_pink: :dr_green: he/him funky dragon himbo dude with did :dr_green: :heart_pink:
art by pheel

daebelly
Pronouns:

Post by daebelly »

so i used to be on the forum for Paragon, right? old moba that epic games axed to divert resources to fortnite and all. it was a pretty standard forum with people being pissy about changes being made by the devs and all that. a single post stands head and shoulders above all others: the throwing dogs post. wayback machine link to it below
https://web.archive.org/web/20180127183 ... ing-phase=

dazzlingdragon
Pronouns:

Post by dazzlingdragon »

Sharing experiences from other forums, right?

When I was a kid, I got into two adoptables sites: Dragon Cave and Magi Stream. I first got into roleplaying through the second because they had a really active roleplaying sub-forum. I have, so many fond memories there. And many more embarrassing moments- I was like, 13 after all ^_^’

One of the characters I’d written there was a genuine honest-to-god self insert. I used my real human first name and everything. I’m glad my Dazzle moniker is sorta recent, haha. Makes my history a little harder to work out.
Last edited by dazzlingdragon on September 9th, 2023, 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:star: I'm Dazzling :star: | mixed media artist | :heart_yellow: :heart_purple: :heart_lime: :rainbow: | :star: https://dazzlingdragonstudios.com/ :star:

IgneousCroc
Pronouns: surprise me!

Post by IgneousCroc »

I joined a baker's dozen of forums in my youths!

Before. I. Had a good grasp in english.

It was a lot of using words I wasn't sure of their meaning incorrectly and... a lot of other people dealing with someone who had the same level of english as a 3 year old who desperately wanted to roleplay warrior cats. I never even heard of warrior cats before that!

They did help my english immensely! I also got myself in lots of trouble I really regret now!

Legit, I didn't know damn was a swear word! I got banned from so many places!
:aro: this dragon :dr_green: runs on ginger ale :ace:

Falcon

Post by Falcon »

OH IVE ALWAYS WANTED TO TRY DRAGONCAVE

And omg the swear word thing is so funny XD
art by pheel

synthcrow
Pronouns:

Post by synthcrow »

other than the couple new forums, the only ones I had been to in their hayday were flightsim ones.
been into flight simulators for a very long time, it feeds both the autism (complicated machinery) and the birdly urge to fly (ΘΔ).

I didn't post that much, I was very young and most of the flightsim people there are middle aged men.
the forums are still around but I don't feel comfortable in such spaces anymore for reasons of :tran:
got to witness stuff like fierce discussion wether it's optimal to lean your engine lean- or rich-of-peak EGT and by how much.
I often go for 50℉ ROP for engine safety, LOP is more efficient but risks engine health :geek:
it/its | xie/xer | pfp by crowtaur

CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW

SapphireRaeburn
Pronouns:

Post by SapphireRaeburn »

:O That is something I haven't seen here: Dragon Cave! I'm an active user, and have been for years. xD I'm not too active in the forums though. (I had an account from the first year of dragoncave, back when all the dragons were from Final Fantasy and the dinos were Yoshis. But I lost my login and forgot which email I used, so I had to get a new one. Ha ha.)

There was a time when I was a volunteer forum sprite artist. That was fun! I helped make users' dragon dreams true. I sprited as much as I could before college got too busy and I had to stop. My favorite was a moss-covered long dragon with antlers. The weirdest one I got to sprite was a brown western-style dragon with a short tail and a clubbed end.... which looked like a pile of poop trailing it in that resolution.
And I'm all: Uhhhhhh...... Are you SURE you want this? It looks like sh*t.
Them: Don't diss my design!
Me: That's not what I- you know what? Nevermind. I'll do it.
Ha ha xD
~Sapphire or SapphireRae. She/Her. Dorky noodle dragon who arts sometimes and writes more often. h0i!

Some of my fav Dragon Cave babies:
ImageImageImageImageImage