A Generic hang-out Forum for Dragons and their friends

Login Register

mary the bard fighter!

DnD, Pathfinder, and any other RPC you’ve made to represent yourself for a game
deadmansparty
Pronouns:

mary the bard fighter!

Post by deadmansparty »

mary, previously known as jimmy, real name olmuak kodo, is a swords bard/battlemaster fighter im playing in a heavily homebrewed tyranny of dragons campaign. theyre a noble on the run, the boss of an art thief gang, a freshly turned wereboar, not that great a bard, having the messiest romance arc i have even inflicted on a character of mine, an expert on draconic lore and boating manuals, clueless on most other things, a hobbyist document forger, and also he doesnt believe in tuning pianos.

im not too good at actually describing my characters so here just some images of her, all by me

hold on i was just looking through my partys discord server looking for good images of her and found the sketch for his last ref sheet its so much sillier than the sheet ended up becoming
(also my other 2 dragonborn who i didnt even end up making ref sheets for whoops)

pheelthemoment
Pronouns:

Post by pheelthemoment »

OOOH big boar dragon!! i love her design so much, he's so cool omg c: all of these drawings have so much personality!!
BOOF > Image

IgneousCroc
Pronouns: surprise me!

Post by IgneousCroc »

Now a wereboar dragon is one truly ENLIGHTENED concept I tell ya!
These all look fantastic and Mary looks like a riot!
:aro: this dragon :dr_green: runs on ginger ale :ace:

Falcon
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Falcon »

AMAZING!!

How did she become a were boar?!
:heart_pink: :dr_green: he/him funky dragon himbo dude with did :dr_green: :heart_pink:
art by pheel

deadmansparty
Pronouns:

Post by deadmansparty »

Falcon wrote: September 12th, 2023, 8:53 am How did she become a were boar?!
well, this is a bit of a funny story, our party was heading through a forest to get to a monastery and while already quite deep in we heard rumours of a pair of wereboar attacking people in the area so that night our artificer silvers marys weapon as hes the only one without a magic weapon. next day we keep going and run into a small family also heading to the monastery as their child is ill and they ask to travel with us, mary wasnt happy about it but the rest of the party agreed.

night comes and we set up camp at a hard to ambush spot on a cliff heading up the mountain, the parents chat with us while their kid sleeps and our artificer steps away to update a friend of the party on the sending stone. she received some distressing new details as a merchants cart that got attacked passing through those woods got back into the nearest town (where our friend is), including the fact the merchants daughter got taken and some key physical descriptions which worryingly lined up with the father of the family we were travelling with.

our artificer gets back to the campfire and starts doing some coin tricks with a silver piece, she had a plan. they then throw the coin at the father for him to catch. this was quite a bit ago now but i think our artificer actually managed to see if he reacted to the silver but mary, having a very very high perception, definitely did notice how his skin burnt where he had touched the coin and so did our warlock with the help of ghost (a whole different story). the fight broke out not too soon after.

well it turned out the 'parents' were the wereboar pair who had taken and drugged the merchants daughter to seem more trustworthy. quick fun fact about this party: the only two who could be cursed with lycanthtopy were mary and our human lawyer/paladin who are also the only 2 frontliners. our paladin succeeded several con saves but mary got cursed mid fight and in her new form finished the fight by throwing the second boar a good 40ft away and off of a cliff.

for the next several days mary hadnt been able to figure out how to shift forms so no one expect our paladin who saw what happened up close even knew she was cursed and even after she did i was doing so good on wisdom saves mary suffered no negative consequences for 2 ingame weeks (out of game at least a few months).

damn sorry thats pretty long even though i left out a couple other details about this event ^^' thanks for asking! :D

Falcon
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Falcon »

That’s so cool though thank you for sharing!!
:heart_pink: :dr_green: he/him funky dragon himbo dude with did :dr_green: :heart_pink:
art by pheel