A Generic hang-out Forum for Dragons and their friends

Login Register

Wyvere’s Art Dump

A place to post visual artwork that you have created
WyvereWings
Pronouns: They/It/Xe/Shi/Wyrm

Wyvere’s Art Dump

Post by WyvereWings »

Hey, it’s been a while since I’ve posted here. Why? Because I’ve been in a pretty bad depressive episode for the past few months, and I’ve kinda forgot to post here…
Anyway, I’ve decided to make a thread for my art here.
Elite Four Will from Pokémon Gold and Silver, but as a Latiaos! This kinda just originates from my insanity that would just be filler to explain in an art post
some xeno inkfish designs! for the uninformed, designs of inklings and octolings with more animalistic traits than the canon designs
A design of Kirby as an adult, made by me because a lot of designs I see are just kinda samey with everything being angelic motifs
Some Pikmin OCs! Like the thing with Lati!Will, there’s a lot of explaining that would just bog this post down
And that’s all I feel like sharing right now! Like the title of this thread implies, I’ll post more art here in the future, so look forward to that
koraidon my beloved…
:ace: :aro: :nonb: :dr_green:
aspiring zoologist, amateur artist, and sea dragon!

pheelthemoment
Pronouns:

Post by pheelthemoment »

oooh love your design for Will, he looks so cool!!

welcome back to the forums :D
BOOF > Image

WyvereWings

Post by WyvereWings »

Hey, I’m back again!
So Indigo Disk is releasing in a week, and I’m hyped as all hell! Unfortunately, it’s a little hard for me to be patient. So I’m gonna bide the time till release by posting some countdown drawings!
These drawings prominently feature the team I’ve brought along through my adventure in Paldea, starting, of course, with my starter!
I think Sprigatito is the most popular ScVi starter, and I can see why. They’re a little grass kitten, how could you not love them! I’m not sure how popular their evolutions are, though. A lot of bipedal Pokémon are kinda unpopular for being “furry bait” which is kinda a dumb reason to hate a creature design on its own.
Personally, I really love Meowscarada! They’re based on the Iberian lynx, a critically endangered species, so that’s neat, and also their masquerade jester magician theme is pretty cool and reminds me a lot of Will, one of my personal favorite characters even with his relative obscurity.
I wanted to have little scenes with all of these, and here, my Meowscarada (who’s named Oliver btw, after my irl cat) is taking the chance to show off their tricks to a Smoliv and Tarountula in some field!
Also while drawing this, I realized that there’s a lack of primordial pouches in art of cat characters, and thus gave one to Oliver. Seriously, primordial pouches are super important for cats, why do I never see them in art? So if you see this post, you’re now obligated to draw your cat characters with primordial pouches, sorry, I don’t make the rules.
koraidon my beloved…

pheelthemoment
Pronouns:

Post by pheelthemoment »

omgggg meowscarada with a primordial pouch?? that's so perfect, i love this omg!! what a cute drawing C: love that smoliv too haha
BOOF > Image

WyvereWings

Post by WyvereWings »

Part 2 of my Indigo Disk countdown art with the Pokémon on my Scarlet team!
Now if you remember the previous post, you might be more than a little confused as to why I have two starters on my team, and I don’t blame you. I just got a friend to trade a Fuecoco egg to me because I wanted one for my team.
Y’see, Sprigatito’s tied as my favorite Paldean starter with Fuecoco for quite a few reasons. They’ve got a very simple, charming design, and also they’re our second crocodile starter, alongside Totodile! Now we just need a Grass type croc starter! And also maybe add one or two more crocodilians while we’re at it to be able to make a full team of crocs!
But one of the most grabbing things about Fuecoco, to me at least, was the name. Now you probably are aware of this if you’ve known me for a good amount of time, but my other big special interest besides zoology is dragon folklore. So the “coco” part caught my eye pretty much immediately after their reveal.
If you don’t know what the Coca is, she’s a draconic bogeyman from Spanish folklore. She’s said to devour naughty children and also takes part in a fight with Saint George in a celebration!
So it’s pretty cool to have a Pokémon based on that, and Skeledirge definitely delivers on their first stage’s promise! They’re probably the scariest looking of all the starter Pokémon, which is fitting considering their origin. But not only do they have a badass design, they also have a cute little bird friend! It’s probably based on the myth of birds and crocodiles having a mutualistic relationship. This little bird friend helps with Skeledirge’s singing! Yes, you heard that right, they’re a singer as well!So yeah, a crocodile who’s also a dragon, a ghost, a friend with a bird, and an opera singer! A fantastic combo of traits.
I had the idea that the natural environment for Fuecoco would be a swamp with some will o’ wisps, so my Pepper’s hanging out with her bird friend Wisp here! The Tadbulb is thinking she’s pretty cool, but the Toedscool in the background seems to be occupied… with a will o’ wisp. Probably not a good idea…After two starters in a row, you might think the next would be Quaquaval, but unfortunately for the water type, they’re just not even slightly as cool as Meowscarada and Skeledirge. Since I don’t quite remember the order I got them in, I’ll be posting them by the order they are in the dex. So stay tuned!
koraidon my beloved…

pheelthemoment
Pronouns:

Post by pheelthemoment »

ooh that looks so good!! love skeledirge c:
BOOF > Image

WyvereWings

Post by WyvereWings »

Day 3 of my countdown to Indigo Disk, with the first Pokémon who isn’t a starter!
Klawf was always gonna be one of my faves of this gen. I absolutely love crabs, they’re such charming creatures with super cool biology. Maybe helping with my love for them is that my zodiac sign is Cancer.
And out of all the aquatic crustacean Pokémon, Klawf is probably my favorite of all of them because they’re just so wonderfully crablike. Also, their fuzziness is a nice detail since quite a few crabs are fuzzy! I don’t really have too much to say, I just think they’re neat.
Here, Seta is at a rave because everyone knows crabs love to rave. Greavard’s dancing here too, like one actually does in the game! And I feel like Grafaiai would be good for a DJ considering their long fingers.
koraidon my beloved…

pheelthemoment
Pronouns:

Post by pheelthemoment »

time for crab!!!! omgggg love the rave, this is so perfect
BOOF > Image

WyvereWings

Post by WyvereWings »

Day 4 of my Indigo Disk countdown!
So out of all Pokémon, my absolute most hated would be… Alolan Exeggutor. But the very close second would be Conkeldurr. Of all Pokémon, they are very easily the most absolutely fucking hideous of them all. Who the hell at Gamefreak thought an elderly clown bodybuilder was a good basis for a Pokémon design? Like the face is already bad, but those fucking huge, pink, bulging, veins make me feel sick to my stomach!
With that all said, why the hell would I catch a Rellor, a mon that’s pretty close aesthetically to Conkeldurr, for my team?
Well, first of all, Rellor being kinda gross looking is much more forgivable considering they’re a dung beetle. Y’know, the beetle that eats feces? Of course they’d not be pretty. But the main reason I caught one was for their absolutely amazing evolution.
Much unlike their previous form, Rabsca has an absolutely gorgeous design, from their metallic blue shell, to their lovely red face, to their glorious ’stache. Not only that, but they’re a psychic type! While this all might seem strange for a dung beetle, it actually makes a lot of sense if you know the symbolism of dung beetles in ancient Egypt.
You see, scarabs (a fancier name for dung beetles) were associated with the god Khepri (who is also the namesake of my Rabsca) in Egyptian religion. Khepri is the god of the early morning, with the task of rolling the sun across the sky. So scarabs that rolled dung across the ground were naturally the animals associated with him. Helping the symbolism is how scarabs have their larva inside the dung, and Khepri was the god of the morning, when the day is “young”, so scarabs were also associated with rebirth!
And that aspect just so happens to be incorporated in Rabsca’s lore, as instead of a ball of dung, they now carry around some kind of psychic orb, with a larva inside! The Pokédex even implies that the larva is the true source of Rabsca’s consciousness, as the body is now apparently lifeless, only carrying the larva around. So we have a Pokémon that evolves into their own offspring, which is such a bizarre yet compelling concept! With as little bias as possible, Rabsca is a strong contender for one of the best concepts for a Pokémon yet.
I couldn’t think of any fun pose this time, sorry. Khepri’s just vibing in some desert with a Gimmighoul and Orthworm in the background. But I did think to put the sun visible in the sky, just as a little reminder of the fascinating inspiration behind this mon!
Also, I’ve got a new header hehe
koraidon my beloved…

WyvereWings

Post by WyvereWings »

Day 5 of my countdown to Indigo Disk!
Of all the Pokémon introduced by ScVi, Tinkaton is very a strong candidate for the favorite in the fandom. I mean, how could someone not love a pink, fluffy critter who also wields a gigantic metal hammer? Honestly I don’t have much else to say, that’s just inherently great. I will mention that they’re based on the Norse dvergr (known in modern times as dwarves), which is pretty interesting and is pretty funny with their feminine aesthetic while being based on a creature associated with masculinity.
Freyja here is working at the forge, probably in order to reinforce her hammer. A Varoom is helping her with gathering metal, but there’s also a Capsakid who’s a little too interested with the fire… maybe there’s a Fire Stone in there. Also Tinkaton is a spider because I couldn’t think of any other animal they could be.
koraidon my beloved…