Welcome to %s forums

A Generic hang-out Forum for Dragons and their friends

Login Register

Infodump Central (any Fandom Or Oc welcome)

A place to put writing projects that you have created
Herring the skele dragon
Pronouns:

Infodump Central (any Fandom Or Oc welcome)

Post by Herring the skele dragon »

IDK exactly what category this subject Would be put under so I chose writing because if figure it will have Quite a bit of writing in it.
I just felt Like it would be fun to have a place Specifically for Infodumping where People could post Random Info Dumps On literally any character whether they belong to a fandom or are an Oc someone has made up.

I enjoy reading and Writing info dumps myself so there's a good chance i will respond to any info dumps on here.
anyway have fun ig :3

SapphireRaeburn
Pronouns:

Post by SapphireRaeburn »

Okay. :D

I'll infodump my favorite character from Digimon Frontier (Digimon Season 4).

Digimon, especially earlier seasons, has a bad habit of picking favorites and ignoring all the other characters. So, sadly, my favorite character is usually thought of as bland or a shell of a character. But he is my favorite because of the bits they did show when the character was important to the story, and what that character could've been.

(Spoilers)

Kouichi. Twin sibling to Kouji.
Kouichi's story starts out with him managing to track down his father in order to meet his twin brother - who has no idea that he exists because of the terms of their parents' divorce. He's been trying to work up the courage to talk to him for a while and has been stalking following him, hoping for an opportunity.

When Kouji goes to the train station where the transfer to the Digimon World is waiting, Kouichi is trying to catch up with Kouji when Kouji disappears into an elevator. Out of fear of losing his chance and his brother, Kouichi runs down the stairs, trying to catch up with the elevator.

And slips. And dies.

Kouichi's soul, still determined to catch up with his brother, finds its way to the Digimon World. But in his weakened state, he is able to be manipulated and memory-wiped. And here in the Digital World, where all beings are made of energy, a soul can have substance as if it was alive. So, Kouichi can touch, eat, use all his senses and such. The Big Bad decides to try using this. There is an energy that grants someone to become a 'Legendary Warrior' (Elemental) and the big bad tries it on Kouichi - the same energy that has killed countless digimon. Kouichi's body-soul does not reject it. And the big bad uses Kouichi as his pawn, the Legendary Warrior of Darkness (Corrupt Form).

Ends up, Kouichi probably could've used the Darkness energies if he wasn't manipulated anyway, because he is Kouji's twin - Kouji being accepted by the Light energies, and Kouichi the dark - and as a digimon put it: "Light and Dark are brothers" (referring to the elements, but also works for the people.)

At nighttime or in dark places, Kouichi as the Warrior of Darkness has a huge power boost and can sense objects from far away - because in the dark you can't find things by sight. He finds things by sensing. In those places, he is considered the strongest Warrior.

And that's where the story of the series drops the ball. But if they continued, I would've loved to see his already established sensing abilities, power boosts, stealth abilities, willing to die determination (besides the pile of dung the creators pull near the end of the season), and him being a happy and helpful addition to the team after processing being brainwashed by the Big Bad and being lied to his whole life by his family (who thought they were being helpful, because apparently its a thing in Japan, but I still would've wanted to see it).

And I wanted to see more of him telling off big bads like he did at the end of his 'evil' arc instead of being a cardboard cutout standing off to the side.

--
And that's why I have a giant headcanon of a retelling of the entire season that actually lets all the characters, especially Kouichi, stand in the spotlight for the whole story.

Thanks for reading. xD :dr_neververy4:
~Sapphire or SapphireRae. She/Her. Dorky noodle dragon who arts sometimes and writes more often. h0i!

Some of my fav Dragon Cave babies:
ImageImageImageImageImage

Herring the skele dragon
Pronouns:

Post by Herring the skele dragon »

Ohhh that sounds so interesting :O

SapphireRaeburn
Pronouns:

Post by SapphireRaeburn »

Herring the skele dragon wrote: September 28th, 2023, 9:43 pm Ohhh that sounds so interesting :O
Thanks! xD
~Sapphire or SapphireRae. She/Her. Dorky noodle dragon who arts sometimes and writes more often. h0i!

Some of my fav Dragon Cave babies:
ImageImageImageImageImage