A Generic hang-out Forum for Dragons and their friends

Login Register

Dragon Books

Hardbacks to PDF's and everything inbetween
MaficMystery
Pronouns: none (use name)

Dragon Books

Post by MaficMystery »

I love reading. Especially dragon books, I mean, why else would I be on the dragon forum if I didn't like dragon books? But I'd love to start a dragon book recommendations thread because I'm always looking for more, even though I've read a Lot, I'm sure other people are on similar quests.
Please suggest more!

A few personal favorites of mine:

I'm really enjoying the Age of Fire books by E. E. Knight.
The first three kind of cover the same stretch of time, but I like them a lot because the dragons feel very different from human characters, and are the main narrators and focus. They're set in a world where the dragon population is dwindling, and the other races are trying to hunt down dragons, and mainly focuses around three dragon siblings making their way in the world. I only just finished the 4th one, but they're well worth a read!

The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini is a pretty obvious recommendation.
While I wish there were more dragons, The Inheritance Cycle has a really special place in my heart for sort of being the first "dragon book" that I really got obsessed with as a kid. The books get better as they go on, you just have to make it through the "starwars but with dragons" first book.

The Rainwilds Chronicles by Robin Hobb are also very good! Robin Hobb fans get mad I read this series first though.
A very interesting take on dragons! And part of a very rich world with various other series taking place in it too. The pacing of this series is a lot wack, there are 4 books but it very much should have been a trilogy, and the books handle mature topics, so it might not be a great fit for younger readers, but even with aspects that I wasn't a fan of, I found that I could not put these books down!

Of course I have to include Wings of Fire.
Middle grade dragon books that I still love to bits. So fun!