Welcome to %s forums

A Generic hang-out Forum for Dragons and their friends

Login Register

Renaissance Festival

Don’t know where to say something? Drop it here! This is the “everything else” section
Graytaloty
Pronouns:

Renaissance Festival

Post by Graytaloty »

I got to go to Ren Fest in my state this year and I'm so happy! It was a little stressful but I had so much fun X3

They didn't have the root beer I usually get, unfortunately. But there were little leather dragons, and a quest board this year! I did one of the bigger quests finally. Had to walk around and decipher clues to find a secret word. I got "knighted" too!

And what I'm really excited about is that I finally caved and bought myself a sword :D!!!! I almost passed again this year but it was just at my budget price and it's soooo pretty!

(Excuse my unmade bed and bad camera lol)
Sincerely, Verne (she/they/he) Image
P.S. You're doing great <3

Graytaloty
Pronouns:

Post by Graytaloty »

My other rewards :). The leather dragon as mentioned before, the sticker I got from going through a museum of medieval torture devices, and a sticker for completing the quest.

Does anyone else go to Renaissance Festivals and have any cool stuff to share? I love to see the crafts and such you can find at these sorts of events <3

pheelthemoment
Pronouns:

Post by pheelthemoment »

Oooh that's awesome!! The stuff you got is so cool, glad you had a good time c:

I've never been to a ren fair but i hope i can go to one some day!
BOOF > Image

Neververy4
Site Admin
Pronouns: He/It/Dragon

Post by Neververy4 »

I went to a Ren Fair once!

I bought a bar of “Dragon’s Blood” soap, which, as I was told, was harvested from consenting Dragons who donated it
Never S. Jhonsen :demi: :pansex:
Visit my site! { MAIN | FURRY | ART | CODE | PROJECTS }

{ He/Him/Dragon (No they/them) }

Graytaloty
Pronouns:

Post by Graytaloty »

pheelthemoment wrote: November 13th, 2023, 1:45 am I've never been to a ren fair but i hope i can go to one some day!
I hope so too! You should definitely try to look into any nearby your area :3. Some places are bigger than others, but I'm very lucky to have a ren faire with a nice website and a larger/well established location.
I'm not sure about other places, but my ren faire only runs through November. And I do my best to go every year!

Neververy4 wrote: November 13th, 2023, 6:43 am I went to a Ren Fair once!

I bought a bar of “Dragon’s Blood” soap, which, as I was told, was harvested from consenting Dragons who donated it
That's awesome hahaha. I love to see an ethically sourced soap! Though, to be fair, I've never really bought handmade soap before. I would have just, like, kept it somewhere to sniff every once in a while like I do with candles lol

I also got sent some of the other pictures we took of me getting "knighted" and me when my friends put me in the pillory (I think that's what it's called?)

pheelthemoment
Pronouns:

Post by pheelthemoment »

Graytaloty wrote: November 13th, 2023, 8:54 am
pheelthemoment wrote: November 13th, 2023, 1:45 am I've never been to a ren fair but i hope i can go to one some day!
I hope so too! You should definitely try to look into any nearby your area :3. Some places are bigger than others, but I'm very lucky to have a ren faire with a nice website and a larger/well established location.
I'm not sure about other places, but my ren faire only runs through November. And I do my best to go every year!
There was one near me during the summer, but I didn't know about it til afterward gsfdg the website doesn't say anything about any year other than 2023 so i'm not sure if it was only a one time thing or not :nervous: but i don't drive and i'm not sure if i would have anyone to go with anyway haha,,
BOOF > Image

Falcon
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Falcon »

YO COOL NICE REN FAIRE HOARD

there’s one that’s yearly for my area! I hope to go next year
:heart_pink: :dr_green: he/him funky dragon himbo dude with did :dr_green: :heart_pink:
art by pheel

synthcrow
Pronouns:

Post by synthcrow »

there's something like a ren fair here too, maybe I should try going there some year

I have a sword too, although I don't really do anything with it. I did go to a con table by a historical sword fighting club and tried their training area, they said that my stance was really natural uvu
it/its | xie/xer | pfp by crowtaur

CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW

Graytaloty
Pronouns:

Post by Graytaloty »

pheelthemoment wrote: November 13th, 2023, 12:02 pm There was one near me during the summer, but I didn't know about it til afterward gsfdg the website doesn't say anything about any year other than 2023 so i'm not sure if it was only a one time thing or not :nervous: but i don't drive and i'm not sure if i would have anyone to go with anyway haha,,
Oh man that's always a bummer! Most local places that aren't a long-standing tradition don't get very effective advertising, because the kind that works is word-of-mouth. And it's hard to hear about something if no one else you interact with knows either.

In my own experience, the less people you bring with you, the better your time gets spent. So if you do manage to find a friend willing to go, that's what I'd consider an ideal party for such a quest ;)
Falcon wrote: November 13th, 2023, 6:44 pm YO COOL NICE REN FAIRE HOARD

there’s one that’s yearly for my area! I hope to go next year
THANK YOU ! :)

And that's awesome news! Were you planning on dressing up any? That's one of my favorite parts of going, at any rate. It''s encouraged at my local faire because they do themed weekends.
synthcrow wrote: November 14th, 2023, 3:03 am I have a sword too, although I don't really do anything with it. I did go to a con table by a historical sword fighting club and tried their training area, they said that my stance was really natural uvu
:suprise: A historical sword fighting club sounds sick as hell to be completely honest. You're out there living the dream complete with natural sword-fighting poise and everything hahaha.

I think it's valid to own a sword to do fuck-all with, though. I wanted a sword mostly for decorative and costume purposes. Because it's cool to have a sword on your wall (and even cooler to have multiple if possible), and it's ultra cool to wear one. I intended to purchase an unsharpened sword, but as fate would have it, the only sword I could find that passed my other limiting factors was a sharpened one.

If it wasn't a safety issue, I would always be wearing a sword wherever I go. Alas, most public areas don't allow weapons for good reason hahaha

Falcon
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Falcon »

I’d love to dress up but I don’t have anything to wear! Maybe in armor some day! Or a dragon costume :3
:heart_pink: :dr_green: he/him funky dragon himbo dude with did :dr_green: :heart_pink:
art by pheel