Welcome to %s forums

A Generic hang-out Forum for Dragons and their friends

Login Register

Daily cool thing thread

Don’t know where to say something? Drop it here! This is the “everything else” section
michaelwave1997
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Daily cool thing thread

Post by michaelwave1997 »

got out my old childhood wii, messed around with it, played wii sports again since i had never played it that much as a kid somehow. also played mario kart wii which is INCREDIBLY nostalgic for me (its the first game i ever played!), as well as played with homebrewing for a long while (to not much luck, the main thing i wanted to do ending up being a lot more complicated than i thought but it was still really neat)

it was SO fun to revisit all of it + see a lot of things in a brand new light, im really glad i got it back out of storage
🐲 💬grraaaarrrr......rerer rwaaarrrr ...gwarrrr

Neververy4
Site Admin
Pronouns: He/It/Dragon

Post by Neververy4 »

michaelwave1997 wrote: December 23rd, 2023, 11:40 pm got out my old childhood wii, messed around with it
I could go on for hours, but to keep it short, I think the Wii is the best console out there :heart_purple: It’s the Windows XP of consoles. I still have mine, and boot it up every once inna while :heart_blue: There hasn’t been a console as kind and loving as the Wii is.

Glad to see yours still works! Heads up on those power adapters, the caps tend to fail fast; I’ve gone through two original power bricks since 2021. I got a replacement one from my local game store and it’s working well
Never S. Jhonsen :demi: :pansex:
Visit my site! { MAIN | FURRY | ART | CODE | PROJECTS }

{ He/Him/Dragon (No they/them) }

michaelwave1997

Neververy4 wrote: December 24th, 2023, 3:28 am
michaelwave1997 wrote: December 23rd, 2023, 11:40 pm got out my old childhood wii, messed around with it
I could go on for hours, but to keep it short, I think the Wii is the best console out there :heart_purple: It’s the Windows XP of consoles. I still have mine, and boot it up every once inna while :heart_blue: There hasn’t been a console as kind and loving as the Wii is.

Glad to see yours still works! Heads up on those power adapters, the caps tend to fail fast; I’ve gone through two original power bricks since 2021. I got a replacement one from my local game store and it’s working well
yeah it suddenly started to hit me recently how incredible the wii was (and still is!) and nintendo's philosophy about using underpowered but very understood hardware fascinates me

i was really hoping to see if i could at least get a glimpse of some of the online services because my family never really used em that much but sadly not. i really shouldve looked/bought stuff on the wii shop channel more because i literally missed out on 2 of my favorite games of all time that were on there!!! (though still i probably would not have liked em as a kid lol)

Ehmaree
Location: A grand luxurious cave (don’t ask what’s through the lower tunnel)
Pronouns: it/ílí/he

Post by Ehmaree »

Neververy4 wrote: December 24th, 2023, 3:28 am

I love the Wii! It's too bad I sold mine a while back, but I still have my Wii U in working order, so I can play Wii games perfectly fine on that. I also still have my 3DS, and I still play it every once in a while
:aro: :ace: :pansex:
Dragon therian
it/ílí/he
Tumblr
I answer all PMs

synthcrow
Pronouns:

Post by synthcrow »

I actually got a 3ds recently to do some stuff on :>
it/its | xie/xer | pfp by crowtaur

CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW

Falcon
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Falcon »

Wii party games hit different

Also my nice thing is that my cat is sitting right here next to me purring!!
:heart_pink: :dr_green: he/him funky dragon himbo dude with did :dr_green: :heart_pink:
art by pheel

michaelwave1997

Falcon wrote: December 25th, 2023, 10:09 am Wii party games hit different

Also my nice thing is that my cat is sitting right here next to me purring!!
ktiiy.....

Falcon
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Falcon »

Yeah she’s basically our therapy cat idk what we’d do without her she is very kind
:heart_pink: :dr_green: he/him funky dragon himbo dude with did :dr_green: :heart_pink:
art by pheel

synthcrow
Pronouns:

Post by synthcrow »

almost done with a whole heap of grant applications!
it/its | xie/xer | pfp by crowtaur

CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW

Neververy4
Site Admin
Pronouns: He/It/Dragon

Post by Neververy4 »

I got my PCB hot plate (eBay link) in the mail yesterday
Haven’t tested it yet, will do that later today when I get home. Excited tho, because it’s a lot bigger than I expected

For the unknowing, a PCB hot plate is a large flat metal “plate” that gets up to high temperatures to heat up a Printed Circuit Board. It’s useful for bulk SMD (Surface Mount Device) soldering. hand-soldering SMD components is a massive pain, especially when they have leads that are, as per spec, 0.5mm between center points (see, SOIC package)
Never S. Jhonsen :demi: :pansex:
Visit my site! { MAIN | FURRY | ART | CODE | PROJECTS }

{ He/Him/Dragon (No they/them) }