A Generic hang-out Forum for Dragons and their friends

Login Register

What are you reading right now?

Hardbacks to PDF's and everything inbetween
synthcrow
Pronouns:

Re: What are you reading right now?

Post by synthcrow »

I've recently finished dune and dune messiah, currently reading children of dune. extremely fascinating books, but definitely products of their time.

lots of uniquely interesting elements with some rather unfortunate parts, too. it somehow manages to be simultaneously anticolonialist and weirdly uncritical about its depiction of eugenics? it does so many strange things. really, really complicated piece of fiction.
it/its | xie/xer | pfp by crowtaur

CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW

MaficMystery
Pronouns: none (use name)

Post by MaficMystery »

I'm currently reading Furysong by Rosaria Munda (third in a trilogy, the first is Fireborne)
It's a dragon riders political drama and I've really been enjoying this series. I think they got a bit shafted by the marketing team, which tried to make them seem like they had more action than they do. Not exactly as much dragon content as I'd really want from dragon rider books, but still enough that it makes me happy.
I've also been on a bit of a sci-fi kick, and recently finished Dawn by Octavia E. Butler, which was... wild. Very thought provoking and a very good airplane read.

Gotenerd
Pronouns:

Post by Gotenerd »

Currently starting out the Redwall series! Been meaning to get around to it for a long time and I'm having a nice time with it so far, very whimsical but still surprisingly grounded, to the point that the descriptions of battles and death can actually be a bit gruesome. The characters are very charming and the setting and world building is simple but effective.
Not sure if I'll delve into all 22 books but I'll definitely be looking into it at the very least! :smile:
:nonb: :heart_purple: :pride: :heart_pink: They/Them only please!

Falcon
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Falcon »

Just finished reclaiming two spirits and started stone butch blues!

The first book we think should be essential if you’re living in the usa, second is a seminal queer text that we’ve never gotten to
:heart_pink: :dr_green: he/him funky dragon himbo dude with did :dr_green: :heart_pink:
art by pheel

mellowsand
Pronouns: she/they

Post by mellowsand »

I'm going to reread Hesse's Demian, but in audiobook this time
mel they/she(?) :nonb: :ace: :aro: dms welcome (no spam pls)

Neververy4
Site Admin
Pronouns: He/It/Dragon

Post by Neververy4 »

Thanks to @Dragonmomma, I got Chris D'lacey's "The Fire Within" from my local library to reread. It's been like, 15 years since I last read the series, I remember loving it so much :dr_neververy4: :heart_blue:
Never S. Jhonsen :demi: :pansex:
Visit my site! { MAIN | FURRY | ART | CODE | PROJECTS }

{ He/Him/Dragon (No they/them) }

Falcon
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Falcon »

Neververy4 wrote: February 24th, 2024, 11:19 am Thanks to @Dragonmomma, I got Chris D'lacey's "The Fire Within" from my local library to reread. It's been like, 15 years since I last read the series, I remember loving it so much :dr_neververy4: :heart_blue:
OH THOSE ARE SO GOOD
:heart_pink: :dr_green: he/him funky dragon himbo dude with did :dr_green: :heart_pink:
art by pheel

Neververy4
Site Admin
Pronouns: He/It/Dragon

Post by Neververy4 »

Neververy4 wrote: February 24th, 2024, 11:19 am Thanks to @Dragonmomma, I got Chris D'lacey's "The Fire Within" from my local library to reread. It's been like, 15 years since I last read the series, I remember loving it so much :dr_neververy4: :heart_blue:
Finished book one!
Firstly, it is absolutely a Children’s book; full of cheezy children entertainment (it is in the children’s section of the library). But :) it still holds up for being good. Which is great, as the last time I reread a Dragon book from 15 years ago it didn’t hold up that well :pensive: Anyways, I got book two now, time to see about finishing this series again🎉
Never S. Jhonsen :demi: :pansex:
Visit my site! { MAIN | FURRY | ART | CODE | PROJECTS }

{ He/Him/Dragon (No they/them) }

Dragonmomma
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Dragonmomma »

<3 I'm SO glad that you enjoyed it and I'm even more glad I was the reason you picked it back up again @Neververy4 !!!
<3 RAWR MEANS I LOVE YOU IN DRAGON <3
Image <- Me | My Team ->Image ImageImage
Tumblr User Leagueofuselessness - Pure of heart/Dumb of ass

Aeviarth-the-Dragoness
Pronouns: any

Post by Aeviarth-the-Dragoness »

Wings of Fire Book 8 - Escaping Peril

Currently in the middle of part three.