Welcome to %s forums

A Generic hang-out Forum for Dragons and their friends

Login Register

Student Animations

Any type of art you’ve found, wether a .png from the internet or a cool sculpture you saw outside
Graytaloty
Student Animations

Post by Graytaloty »

Good Morning :sparkle:

Just wanted to share a website with a bunch of student animations from a whole bunch of different universities. I haven't seen all of them, but I liked some of the ones from Long Beach and Louisiana Lafayette.

https://studentanimationshowcase.com/

These are supposed to be up for a whole year until the next generation of animation students graduate, too. So if you're interested in animation feel free to check it out :3 :heart_pink:
Sincerely, Verne (she/they/he) Image
P.S. You're doing great <3

Tally-Kobold

Post by Tally-Kobold »

This is so cool omg! I wish there was an archive of some kind that kept the ones from previous years too... 🥺
[Low leveled kobold archivist]
(Any/All pronouns, but She/Her makes me smile =3)
Let me know if I can be of assistance, I'm always eager to help!!! ✨🙏😋✨

Graytaloty
Post by Graytaloty »

Tally-Kobold wrote: July 5th, 2023, 2:05 pm This is so cool omg! I wish there was an archive of some kind that kept the ones from previous years too... 🥺
Yeah, it sucks that they don't keep an archive or something :(
My best guess is that they can't for legal reasons like students entering their films into other showcases, or maybe they don't have much space.

Oh, maybe the universities have an online collection of their own students' works? Not sure, but possible

But now I'm wondering if there is some sort of student animation archive somewhere on the internet? I know Youtube and Vimeo have a bunch, but I suppose that's not really an organized collection. Hmmm
Sincerely, Verne (she/they/he) Image
P.S. You're doing great <3

Falcon
Post by Falcon »

woah! that's so cool!

i think it might depend on the school, too. some schools i know keep an open archive of student work. it sounds bitter but those sort of things are mostly advertising for the art school. i think calarts usually also has a decent archive of student short films, but i hear the courseload there is suuuuper stressful
:heart_pink: :dr_green: he/him funky dragon himbo dude with did :dr_green: :heart_pink:
art by pheel