Welcome to %s forums

A Generic hang-out Forum for Dragons and their friends

Login Register

Discussion about art movements!

Any type of art you’ve found, wether a .png from the internet or a cool sculpture you saw outside
IgneousCroc
Pronouns: surprise me!

Discussion about art movements!

Post by IgneousCroc »

well i hope this goes here <- Chompers whenever he posts on any forum ever

Had a "I'LL DEFEND MODERN AND CONTEMPORARY ART TO MY DEAAATHHHH RAAAAHHHH :explode: :explode: :explode: " discussion (i'm on the side of modern and contemporary art, obviously) the other night which cost me a few precious hours of sleep and its still bugging me, but it got me thinking about Art Movements. I was raised by a wild pack of Art History Teachers so it's a near and dear subject to me in which I'm not as knowledgeable as I would like to be.

Either how, this is a place for discussing movements you like. And also for answering my perpetual doubt of "in which art movement would my cartoony depictions of anthropomorphic animals/beasts and otherwise folkloric beasts fit the best?" I know I've been greatly influenced by bande dessiné, yes... I've been told surrealism and absurdism but I don't know precisely.
:aro: this dragon :dr_green: runs on ginger ale :ace:

pheelthemoment
Pronouns:

Post by pheelthemoment »

i will be honest i'm not extremely knowledgable about specific art movements but this did make me suddenly have a question

would furry art be considered an art movement? obviously not an entirely unified style but i'm like. will art scholars in 200 years be talking about the furry movement of the late 1990s into the 2030s and how it influenced art in the decades to come :o
BOOF > Image

IgneousCroc
Pronouns: surprise me!

Post by IgneousCroc »

pheelthemoment wrote: April 15th, 2024, 11:32 am i will be honest i'm not extremely knowledgable about specific art movements but this did make me suddenly have a question

would furry art be considered an art movement? obviously not an entirely unified style but i'm like. will art scholars in 200 years be talking about the furry movement of the late 1990s into the 2030s and how it influenced art in the decades to come :o
I do know anthropomorphic animals in art is something that's prevalent since... Well, forever! From the famous ice age lion man, to caricatures of the 18/19th century , to ukiyo-e of the 19th century... To today! And I wish I could give you more pictures of graphical art, but I'm struggling to put the correct words together to find what I want xD.

Though I know what you mean and I feel like studying how furry art has evolved since the very foundings of the first funny animal mail circles would be a very fun endeavor... From the anime inspirations, to the sports mascots, to the cartoons, the comics...
:aro: this dragon :dr_green: runs on ginger ale :ace: