A Generic hang-out Forum for Dragons and their friends

Login Register

How can I tell if I kin?

Otherkin and Therian content
Tally-Kobold
Pronouns:

How can I tell if I kin?

Post by Tally-Kobold »

I first started using kobolds as part of my identity in Dec 2022 after realizing that a lot of who I am, how I act, and like to be seen all meshes really well with the them, but I've lately started to wonder if I kin them or not! I often times seek out activities that can stimulate this part of me, I imagine being very small and having a little tail and hands, I get a lot of joy out of being seen as a kobold and especially getting to /be/ one on the internet, but I still can't tell; am I kinning?

I admittedly do not know all too much about the subject when I inspect it closely, so I was hoping to hear from some people that know more! I'm just confused where it is my experience lies in regards to this field... at what point does something I use to identify myself become "kinning?" When does something I like being and feeling and being seen as become that level of what I am? 🥺

(Edit: I've always struggled with labels... If I'm the deciding factor of what I identify as, I'm still not even sure if being otherkin is something I want? It's so complicated to put a name on something, would it be worthy it? Why?)
[Low leveled kobold archivist]
(Any/All pronouns, but She/Her makes me smile =3)
Let me know if I can be of assistance, I'm always eager to help!!! ✨🙏😋✨

Tally-Kobold
Pronouns:

Post by Tally-Kobold »

Ok... VERY LARGE update... (also I feel very shy admitting all of this, having spiritual stuff happen is very new to me... 👉👈)
So, I've always wanted something spiritual in my life, but after sitting and just thinking for a good long while, I realized that I wanted it in a way that was more so tuned into my own preconceived ideas than the actual spiritual happenings around me. In wishing I had spirituality in my life, I sought control over it, which ironically I have now realized has been blocking it from entering.

So I retuned my mind a bit, tuning out what I "wished for" and "what I thought might happen" and just purely listened to myself and my existence. I had *IMMEDIATE* results. I could feel that I had a SNOUT!!! ✨🥹✨

That part of me that I've tuned out is saying "IT'S A KOBOLD SNOUT!!!!" but I'm choosing to keep ignoring it for now, focusing purely on the experience detached from my preconceptions! I would /like/ to be a kobold, but again, I've found I'm not going to get anywhere if I listen to what I wish for instead of what I actually experience. So, I'm going to keep collecting data, and am archiving all my experiences in my personal logs.

So yes, I think I'm a kin of some type... My question NOW is: How did you flesh out what it is you are/were? How did you find out what you looked like, what memories you had, and things like that? Any tips for someone who is seeking to do the same? ✨👉👈🥺✨

Neververy4
Site Admin
Pronouns: He/It/Dragon

Post by Neververy4 »

There’s a Tumblr account I follow, A-Dragon’s-Journal, who talks a LOT about kin feelings. I know this Dragon has resources to help someone like you out, but I wouldn’t know exactly where they are :pensive:
Never S. Jhonsen :demi: :pansex:
Visit my site! { MAIN | FURRY | ART | CODE | PROJECTS }

{ He/Him/Dragon (No they/them) }

Tally-Kobold
Pronouns:

Post by Tally-Kobold »

Neververy4 wrote: July 7th, 2023, 1:39 am There’s a Tumblr account I follow, A-Dragon’s-Journal, who talks a LOT about kin feelings. I know this Dragon has resources to help someone like you out, but I wouldn’t know exactly where they are :pensive:
Thank you so so much!!! Checking them out right now!!! 🏃‍♀️💨

charmyte
Pronouns:

Post by charmyte »

As someone recently coming to terms with her own koboldness, I'm really happy you're feeling more attuned to things! :heart_pink:
Alas it means I don't have much I can say in return to you, other than to let the path take you instead.

My big breakthrough moment unfortunately happened during a breakdown, which led to the vessel's "hands" feeling fuzzy, me looking down at them and wanting to know where my claws were... spending a good deal of the event with eyes shut tight to hold myself in that moment of being me, telling my partner I didn't wanna open them because then I would cease to be. It was uh... an intense day.

But it also led to me accepting therianism, its pretty hard to ignore something like that (just in addition to other, leading matters; I've always used "this physical form" as a descriptor, usually negative, for the vessel).
Coming out of your pipes and I've been doing just fine :)

Tally-Kobold
Pronouns:

Post by Tally-Kobold »

charmyte wrote: July 8th, 2023, 12:05 pm As someone recently coming to terms with her own koboldness, I'm really happy you're feeling more attuned to things! :heart_pink:
Alas it means I don't have much I can say in return to you, other than to let the path take you instead.
Another koboldkin! I'm so happy you replied here!!!! Even without any leads on where to go next, I at least have the comfort that I know someone else experiencing something similar. Maybe we could even figure this out together!!!! ✨😳✨

charmyte
Pronouns:

Post by charmyte »

Happy to give some comfort :heart_pink: !
Us kobolds gotta stick together
Coming out of your pipes and I've been doing just fine :)